Welcoming a new baby into your home is exciting. Well, the next part involves taking care of your little bundle of joy. Your baby needs constant attention and a full-stocked nursery..This means you have to look out for your baby 24/7. And while it’s practically impossible to be by your baby’s side at all times, having an extra pair of eyes watching over your little one will give you the much-needed peace of mind. If you are a first-time parent, you may find yourself going to panic mode whenever you are not near your baby. That’s what baby monitors are for. A baby monitor will help you keep a safe eye (or ear) on your baby even when you are not around them.
If you sleep in the same room as your baby where you can always see or hear what your they’re up to, you probably don’t need a monitor. If your baby sleeps in a different room, it’s a different story. A baby monitor will help you and your little one sleep better. It will allow you to instantly scan your child’s entire room, monitor your baby’s breathing and send a secure video feed to your smartphone. Instead of constantly checking on your baby or staying close to the nursery, you’re free to do some chores, rest up or catch up on the latest episode of your favorite program on TV.
Best Baby Monitors for 2019
Baby monitors are not equal. They range from the normal audio baby monitors to the modern video baby monitors and wearable monitors. Today’s baby monitors are high-tech, portable and reliable. The right baby monitor varies from parent to parent and depends on the usage. We present to you some of the best baby monitors for 2019. We took into account price, special features, audio and video clarity, reliability, convenience, reception range, safety and versatility.
Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
- 2018 AWARD WINNER: Popular Mechanics Best Baby Monitor, 9/25/18
- PERFECT SIZE & WEIGHT RATIO - no large batteries to power energy-hungry large screens. The DXR-8 is light-weight and portable, designed for true mobility around the house.
- FULL VIEWING CONTROL - The DXR-8 is a baby monitor with camera features such as pan/tilt/zoom and interchangeable lens. Fit the zoom lens to see closer, or zoom out with the wide angle lens. Expandable up to 4 cameras
- ROBUST AND MATURE HARDWARE - the DXR-8 is fine tuned and refined over years of iteration from feedback of real users. Trusted by over a million parents, our award winning monitor is backed by vigorous testing and quality control.
- PRIVACY GUARANTEED - Video and audio is transmitted via a secure 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology. This ensures no data is shared through the internet.
The Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor brings performance and functionality to its peak. You no longer have to enter the nursery to monitor your baby. It brings you the convenience of watching and listening through its high quality and powerful lens and speaker. You are able to zoom and span enough to notice when someone enters the room. This baby monitor boasts of being the first baby monitor to be able to change the lens. You’ll, however, have to purchase the interchangeable lens separately.
The lens comes with a panoramic view which comes in handy especially when your baby begins to move or play. This product is more than a camera; it is a temperature detector that is able to monitor the temperature of the room an alert you. This way you can turn on or off heat appliances such as heater air cooler. When you don’t have to monitor using video, this product becomes an audio monitor with the audio mode. In addition, the audio mode cuts battery consumption by half and goes a long way in saving energy. Lastly, you are able to talk through the monitor to alert the baby that you’re around whenever you feel that he or she is nervous. Your presence is always felt with the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor.
V-Tech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor
- Insert alkaline batteries (sold separately) into the parent unit and it will stay on while you move it to a new room. For extended monitoring, make sure the parent unit is plugged into AC power
- DECT 6.0 provides crystal clear transmission, eliminating the annoying white noise you hear from analog monitors
- 5-level sound indicator - graphic bars on the parent unit indicate the level of sound in your baby's room so you can visually monitor the noise level with the unit muted
- Belt clip - clip the parent unit to your belt and take advantage of the extended range and battery-powered operation
- Parent unit can be set to beep if: (1) link between the parent unit and the baby unit is lost, and/or (2) battery is low. These products are only authorized for sale in the US.
If you’re tight on schedule or have a lot of domestic duties to do but still want to keep a close ear on your baby, the V-Tech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor is one you’ll appreciate a lot. This is a digital sound monitor that incorporates the use of DECT 6.0 technology to transmit sound with the highest clarity. You will be able to detect even the slightest movement when your baby is sleeping. Unlike the analog devices, the annoying white noise is now a thing of the past. The technology transmits an encrypted signal to the parent and ensures that you’re the only one who can listen to your baby.
There’s a volume button to increase or decrease the volume to your preference. The high sensitive microphone enables you to hear sound pretty well even when the volume is low. The monitor uses two batteries for extended monitoring. When the battery is low, the device beeps as a warning sign. Finally, the V-Tech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor has been designed with a belt clip. This allows for convenient storage when you don’t have a place to store it.
Hello Baby Wireless Baby Video Monitor
- SPUER CLEAR VIDEO SOUND & 2.4GHZ CONNECT - The video baby monitor has great video and sound. Night vision video is clear in white & black. Baby monitors are using enhanced 2.4GHZ wireless technology which prevent signal drop outs, range up to 960ft without barriers
- PLUG AND PLAY & EXPANDABLE TO 4 CAMERAS - Baby camera is plug and play, no set up required. One parent unit monitor can be paired with 4 child unit cameras. (One monitor and one camera included) You could take care all of your kids with one monitor
- LARGE CAPACITY BATTERY & VOX MODE - Baby call monitoring last 12 hours with VOX-on (power saving mode), 8 hours with screen-on. VOX mode is power saving mode with sound activated, you could focus on your things until the monitor is activated by child unit sound
- IMPRESSIVE MULTIFUNCTIONAL FEATURES - Temperature monitoring and warning; Two-way talk; Optical pan and tilt; Sound activated Led indicator; Screen-off audio only mode; 2X digital zoom; 8 levels Alarms, lullabies playing
- WARRANTY - One year warranty included. We are happy to help you solve any problem, please feel free to contact us. Buy with confidence, Click Add to Cart Now
The device’s name speaks for itself; wireless baby monitor that produces high-quality image and sound through a video monitor. It provides you with the necessary sounds and visuals to closely monitor your baby when you’re not around. Its secure connection is of a range of up to 960 ft. This monitor comes with the feature of detecting the room’s temperature. You don’t require being in the room or taking the baby’s temperature to monitor his health.
The Hello Baby Monitor is a plug and go device. Its wireless connection has done away with connectivity and software issues. The camera is highly sensitive and picks connection immediately. A little drawback is with its battery life which provides only eight hours run time. You can, however, extend it to 12 hours using the power saving mode. Other cool features that come with this monitor include a sound activated LED indicator, two-way talk, two times zooming capability, and an alarm level.
BabySense Video Baby Monitor
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Our Baby Monitor with Camera allows monitoring your baby’s sleep with 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display, providing high quality and stable streaming, secure hacking-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound. Your baby deserves the best care.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. So you can comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice, sometimes our little angels just need to hear our voice!
- STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BABY – There's nothing more stressful than not knowing what your little one is doing. That is why our Babysense portable baby monitor features long range of up to 900 feet (OPEN SPACE), which does not require wifi (no hacking risks) and allows you to move freely in your house or yard and sleep better at night.
- SEE YOUR BABY DAY AND NIGHT – We use the latest infrared night vision technologies so you can rest assured knowing you’ll see your baby day and night with this video monitor. And with the 2x digital zoom you will never have any doubts about your baby’s activities. Besides the auto night vision, you can also check the room temperature and make use of high/low temperature alerts.
- WIDE VARIETY OF EXTRA HANDY FEATURES – Our audio video baby monitor is a perfect idea for baby gifts and baby showers - It comes with: Eco Mode Voice Activation, Sound Activated LEDs, Alarm/Timer Setting, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras), Manual Pan (360 degrees) & Tilt (60 degrees), Auto Camera Scan View, Tabletop or Wall Mounting Options. Our original Babysense video baby monitor comes with a 1-YEAR Manufacturer's Warranty and hassle-free 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
What you’re settling for with the BabySense Video Monitor product is an all-inclusive monitor with advanced features to ensure the highest level of security for your baby. The parent system is lightweight, easily portable and uses lithium batteries that are rechargeable. It comes with a 2.4-inch screen where you get to comfortably and easily monitor your baby. Its zooming capability is two times to enable you to enjoy an up-close moment with your precious baby. Its coverage is long with 900 feet distance detection. No matter how far you are, you have your eyes and ears with the baby.
The monitor comes with a temperature sensor that notifies you of the room’s temperature. Also, unlike most monitors, it has a pre-programmed lullaby to help your baby stop crying and fall back to sleep. Technology has never been any better. A downsize with the monitor is that its camera can only be tilted by 60°. With this, you have to be super smart about where you place it. All in all, this is a great device that will provide maximum functionality and security.
Summer Infant Video Monitor
- Durable Product
- Talk back to baby
Why we like this product is that it is an easy to use monitor that employs the use of technology to be able to remotely control the transmitter through touching the screen. It comes in a modern model which users have praised it for. Its monitoring range is up to 400 feet. The monitor comes with a 3.5-inch screen with zooming, panning and scanning capabilities to securely monitor your baby. Its audio is two-way traffic which allows you to talk to your baby and assure them of your presence without entering the nursery. It comes with touch screen features for regulating the volume and sound light.
We will have to deduct a point from this monitor as it doesn’t come with lullaby or nightlight functions. You don’t get to enjoy the benefits of pre-programmed lullabies. The parting shot is that the Summer Infant Video Monitor is an easy to use and simple device. Controlling and using it won’t be difficult. You are provided with the freedom of adding up to three cameras.
Gone are the days of tiptoeing into the nursery to take a peek on your sleeping baby, only to stumble in the dark or step on that creaky floorboard and accidentally wake them up. We honestly have to thank technology for baby monitors. They are a blessing as they unburden us from monitoring duty. Watching over your babies doesn’t have to be a struggle anymore. Besides helping you watch over your baby, a baby monitor will also help you to prevent untoward incidents when you leave your baby alone in the crib.